Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Push (2009)

I almost liked Push. Let me first say that Dakota Fanning is terrific and probably the best thing about this movie.

So – this movie. Let me give you a brief synopsis because I mentioned this film to a few people and none of them had any idea what movie I was referring to.

It’s the one with Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning and Djimon Hounsou that had the rock video trailers with vague information about people with special powers. Ring any bells? It sort of came and went without much fanfare. The general idea is that some people have powers and the evil government wants to lock them up. And there’s this girl who escapes them with some extra special drug that they want back. Heroes-esque. At least early Heroes-esque.

Truthfully, it’s not bad for what it is. Lots of magic action sequences, a cute-ish relationship between Dakota Fanning and Chris Evans, and some creepy evil Chinese men who have a scream that can make people bleed through their ears until they die. It ends open for a sequel that I doubt will ever come and thinking too hard about the plot will ruin the illusion, but I wasn’t bored, I wasn’t irritated by anything, and again, Dakota Fanning is very good.

Not a glowing review, I know, but if you like this variety of movie, this is an okay way to spend 111 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment