Monday, June 7, 2010

Lethal Weapon (1987)

Two years ago, I got all four Lethal Weapons for $10. Can you believe that? I mean, Lethal Weapon is awesome. It’s from back in the days when Mel Gibson was cool and Gary Busey wasn’t totally crazy. Ahh the 80s.

I’ve always been particularly proud of the fact that my parents weren’t into censorship. As a result, I saw this movie at a very young age. I grew up with the classic Christmas duo of Lethal Weapon and Die Hard. Merry Christmas Mother F***ers! Right? Bad ass.

This was the first time I watched Lethal Weapon since I’ve moved to Los Angeles and having some geographic reference points only enhanced the fun. For example, check out this picture.

Not only is it sweet that The Lost Boys is playing, but that’s the Wiltern on the corner of Wilshire and Western Ave. See that second floor window on the right side of the frame? I occasionally work in that office building. It’s like I’m famous.

So I guess that’s about it. What else can I say? It’s the buddy cop standard, and if I haven’t mentioned this already, it’s awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment